Peace4Crawford is a trauma informed initiative, based in the Crawford County System of Care (SOC) Partnership, promoting social change in Crawford County, heading toward a trauma informed community.
The SOC is a framework involving collaboration across the community for the purpose of creating a seamless, integrated, and coordinated system of supports for children, youth, and families that is family and youth-driven, strength-based, and trauma informed. The SOC helps children, youth, and families function better at home, in school, in the community, and throughout life. It is comprised of professional agencies involved in the health and wellbeing of the community, family partners, and youth partners.
What is an Adverse Childhood Experience? An adverse childhood experience (ACE) describes a traumatic experience in a person’s life occurring before the age of 18 that the person remembers as an adult. These traumatic experiences negatively impact health and behavior.
What We Do
Peace4Crawford advocates developing resources and programs to prevent, identify, and treat ACEs in Crawford County.We envision a healthy and resilient community. A community where everyone is valued, respected, safely cared for, and treated compassionately.
We believe that multiple systems intersect with our focus of change. ACEs are at the heart of the most challenging issues facing our community. We focus on the men, women, and children who have experienced adverse childhood experiences, including organizations, businesses, and systems in Crawford County that interact with survivors of ACEs (Note: Everyone is impacted including those that provide the service).
Our Strategies to Influence Social Change
- Provide equal access to trauma informed treatment.
- Improve quality of life.
- Create lasting partnerships.
- Provide access to safe, affordable housing.
- Improve school performance.
Our Core Values
- Collaborative: We focus on supporting community members in receiving the best combination of services by working across systems of care.
- Integrative: We believe in addressing the root causes of individual and family needs and problems.
- Preventative: We believe in proactive measures (i.e. early intervention, treatment, building resiliency, increasing community protective factors, education, training, and awareness) that reduce or eliminate causative factors of childhood trauma.
- Generative: We marshal community resources to generate healthy communities by co-creating solutions for multi-dimensional family and community challenges.